- Full time
- Energy technology
- Associate professor
Apply by: 2023-11-07
Associate Professor in Energy Technology w spec Applied Thermal Engineering
Energy Technology with specialization in Applied Thermal Engineering
The subject field encompasses application of fundamental heat transfer and thermodynamics with focus on heating, cooling, and refrigeration technology from micro to macro level. It includes design, modeling and experimental analysis of components and systems within thermal engineering in industry. The subject field also includes smart and innovative operation and control strategies for energy efficient and sustainable supply and utilization of heating, cooling, and refrigeration. Industrial applications can go beyond typical energy demand and supply systems by including the construction sector, battery thermal management or hydrogen production along with pharmaceutical, food and beverage, and automotive industries.
An associate professor is part of the faculty at the department and pursues a research field with a common responsibility for research and teaching. Duties within research includes independent research activities within a research group, some responsibility for research funding, and active participation in the scientific community by undertakings such as assignments as a reviewer, expert, opponent or lecturer. The associate professor is expected to participate in, as well as contribute to, the development of educational programmes with first, second, and third cycles, including supervision of doctoral students. Responsibilities within leadership and collaboration include support and feedback to colleagues in areas such as education and research; participation in development activities, internal and external faculty work; and participation in knowledge exchange outside the University.
Those qualified for appointment as an associate professor are persons who have:
- been awarded a PhD or has the corresponding research competence or some other professional expertise that is of value in view of the subject matter of the post and the duties that it will involve, and
- demonstrated teaching expertise.
Grounds of assessment
The assessment criteria for appointment as an associate professor at KTH shall be the degree of expertise required as a qualification for employment. In addition, the assessment criteria stated in the KTH appointments procedure, section 1.2., apply in relation to the employment profile laid down.
Of highest importance is that the applicant has
- research expertise in the subject field demonstrated through research publications in leading journals, actively participating in conferences within the research field, ability to obtain research funding and manage research projects.
- pedagogical skills in the subject field including documented experience in teaching of high quality and high volume at second and third cycle education within the subject field.
Of second highest importance that the applicant has
- expertise to develop and lead activities and staff. This includes knowledge of diversity and equal treatment issues with a particular focus on gender equality. For instance demonstrated through documented experience of project management in research projects, supervision in doctoral education, supervision of postdoctoral fellows or other relevant management assignments.
It is also important that the applicant has
- the ability to pursue third-stream activities and also provide information about research and development work.
- administrative expertise.
- interpersonal skills.
Trade union representatives
Contact information to trade union representatives can be found at KTH's webpage.
Your application should follow KTH's CV template for employment of teachers. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that the application is complete according to the requirements in the ad and CV template.
Your complete application must be received at KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
Log into KTH's recruitment system in order to apply to this position online.
For more information regarding KTH's assessement, see Appointments procedure at the Royal Institute of Technology
Striving towards gender equality, diversity and equal conditions is both a question of quality for KTH and a given part of our values.
For information about processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here.
KTH Relocation offers help to relocate and settle in Sweden and at KTH, please read here.
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.
KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We are Sweden’s largest technical research and learning institution and home to students, researchers and faculty from around the world. Our research and education covers a wide area including natural sciences and all branches of engineering, as well as architecture, industrial management, urban planning, history and philosophy. Read more hereAnställningsform: tillsvidareanställning
Anställningens omfattning: heltid
Antal lediga befattningar: 1
Län: Stockholms län
Kontakt: Hatef Madani, Unit manager firstname.lastname@example.org, Hatef Madani, Avdelningschef email@example.com, Andrew Martin, FFA firstname.lastname@example.org,
Sista ansökningsdag: 2023-10-20
More jobs from Royal Institute of Technology
- Full time
- Full time
- Full time