- Part time
- Consulting assignment
- Computer science
Apply by: 2022-10-07
Doctoral student in 6G Wireless Networks for Connected Sky
KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We are Sweden’s largest technical research and learning institution and home to students, researchers and faculty from around the world. Our research and education covers a wide area including natural sciences and all branches of engineering, as well as architecture, industrial management, urban planning, history and philosophy.
1 PhD position is available, which is partly connected with a European Celtic-Next project called "6G for Connected Sky". 6G for Connected Sky project aims at solutions to enable reliable and robust connectivity for aerial and ground users via flexible and adaptive network architecture adopting multiple technologies such as satellite and direct air to ground communication (DA2GC). In addition, this project focuses on novel wireless network design and management schemes in 3-dimensional (3D) space including different types of flying vehicles with their unique requirements. Another focus is to provide robust, low latency and/or high-capacity communications to ground users in the rural areas without any infrastructure via non terrestrial networks (NTNs).
The PhD position cover multi-disciplinary skills and at the end the student will develop knowledge and become expert covering the intersection of subset of these areas depending on the sub-topic: machine learning, communication systems, mobile networks, aerial communications and optimization. Research will be carried out at the Division of Communication Systems at the School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science (EECS). The division is located at the campus in Stockholm Kista, across the road from world-leading telecommunication companies. The research will be published in top-level journals and prepare you for a research career in academia and industry.
Third-cycle subject: Information and Communication Technology
Supervision: The doctoral students will be supervised by Cicek Cavdar.
What we offer
- The possibility to study in a dynamic and international research environment in collaboration with industries and prominent universities from all over the world.Read more
- A workplace with many employee benefits and monthly salary according to KTH’s Doctoral student salary agreement.
- A postgraduate education at an institution that is active and supportive in matters pertaining to working conditions, gender equality and diversity as well as study environment.
- Help to relocate and be settled in Sweden and at KTH.
To be admitted to postgraduate education (Chapter 7, 39 § Swedish Higher Education Ordinance), the applicant must have basic eligibility in accordance with either of the following:
- passed a second cycle degree (for example a master's degree), or
- completed course requirements of at least 240 higher education credits, of which at least 60 second-cycle higher education credits, or
- acquired, in some other way within or outside the country, substantially equivalent knowledge
In addition to the above, there is also a mandatory requirement for English equivalent to English B/6, read more here
In order to succeed as a doctoral student at KTH you need to be goal oriented and persevering in your work. During the selection process, candidates will be assessed upon their ability to:
- independently pursue his or her work,
- collaborate with others,
- have a professional approach and
- analyse and work with complex issues.
A successful candidate must have excellent mathematical skills, strong background at wireless communications, wireless networking, and machine learning. Having publications in these fields is an advantage. Strong skills in Matlab and/or Python is a requirement.
After the qualification requirements, great emphasis will be placed on personal competency.
Target degree: Doctoral degree
Information regarding admission and employment
Only those admitted to postgraduate education may be employed as a doctoral student. The total length of employment may not be longer than what corresponds to full-time doctoral education in four years ' time. An employed doctoral student can, to a limited extent (maximum 20%), perform certain tasks within their role, e.g. training and administration. A new position as a doctoral student is for a maximum of one year, and then the employment may be renewed for a maximum of two years at a time.
Contact information KTH's website.
Doctoral section (Students’ union on KTH Royal Institute of Technology)
Contact information section's website.
Apply for the position and admission through KTH's recruitment system. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that the application is complete in accordance with the instructions in the advertisement.
Applications must be received at the last closing date at midnight, CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
Applications must include:
- CV including your relevant professional experience and knowledge.
- Application letter with a brief description of why you want to pursue research studies, about what your academic interests are and how they relate to your previous studies and future goals. (Maximum 2 pages long)
- Copies of diplomas and grades from previous university studies and certificates of fulfilled language requirements (see above). Translations into English or Swedish if the original document is not issued in one of these languages.Copies of originals must be certified.
- Representative publications or technical reports. For longer documents, please provide a summary (abstract) and a web link to the full text.
Striving towards gender equality, diversity and equal conditions is both a question of quality for KTH and a given part of our values.
For information about processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here.
We firmly decline all contact with staffing, recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.
Anställningsform: visstidsanställning längre än 6 månader | Anställningens omfattning: heltid | Antal lediga befattningar: 1 | Sysselsättningsgrad: 100% | Ort: Stockholm | Län: Stockholms län | Land: Sweden | Referensnummer: J-2022-1557 | Kontakt: Cicek Cavdar Associate Professor firstname.lastname@example.org, Lisa Olsson HR Officer email@example.com, | Publicerat: 2022-06-15 | Sista ansökningsdag: 2022-08-08
More jobs from Royal Institute of Technology
- Full time
- Part time
- Part time