- Part time
- Consulting assignment
- Computer science
Apply by: 2022-10-08
Researcher in Digital Learning and educational development
KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We are Sweden’s largest technical research and learning institution and home to students, researchers and faculty from around the world. Our research and education covers a wide area including natural sciences and all branches of engineering, as well as architecture, industrial management, urban planning, history and philosophy.
KTH's Digital Learning division brings together cutting-edge research and experience in digital media and learning. We develop knowledge and design digital platforms, online courses, and videos to support education and learning. The unit conducts research and development as well as training and supervision.
We are looking for a researcher who will lead and/or participate in research and development projects within the digital transformation of education. This position will also involve project management and change management. The researcher is expected to be able to use Swedish as a working language within three years. A language plan is developed, if necessary, upon employment.
The researcher will participate in the management object of e-learning at KTH, which is the function responsible for developing and managing the university's digital learning environment. The researcher will also be a member of the digital learning research cluster and participate in research activities, supervision, and funding applications.
The researcher will be involved in making recommendations for KTH's digital educational platforms based on pedagogical considerations. The researchers will also develop teaching materials about KTH's digital educational environments and will inspire and supervise KTH's teachers as they learn how to utilize digital environments in their classrooms.
What we offer
- A position at a leading technical university that generates knowledge and skills for a sustainable future.
- Engaged and ambitious colleagues along with a creative, international and dynamic working environment
- An environment that integrates research with application in the university's activities.
- A modern agile working environment, the work takes place in centrally located premises on the Valhallavägen campus and via digital tools, with flexible working hours and the possibility of remote working.
- Work in Stockholm, in close proximity to nature
- Help to relocate and be settled in Sweden and at KTH
- A doctoral degree or a foreign degree equivalent to a doctoral degree in a subject area relevant to the position.
- Documented experiences of research digital learning.
- Ability to express oneself well in speech and writing in English.
- Ability to express oneself well in speech and writing in Swedish within 3 years.
- Scientific skills demonstrated through scientific publishing, conference participation, and participation in research collaborations.
- Experience of pedagogical development work in digital learning, preferably in higher education and preferably related to KTH's areas of engineering science
- Skills as a project manager.
- Experience in working with change management.
- Experience of teaching in digital learning, preferably in higher education.
- Master of Science in Engineering degree, teacher degree, or equivalent.
- The ability to translate research results into operational activities.
- With a perspective based on its research area, contributed to the course development and the students' learning situations of teachers and colleagues.
We hope to hire someone who has the ability to carry out research and development projects independently and in groups, supervise others, and enjoy working in a dynamic and flexible working environment. To fit into the group, you must have good social skills, including the ability to encourage collaboration in projects. Equal treatment and diversity issues will also be considered, with a special focus on gender equality.
Great emphasis will be placed on personal competency.
Trade union representatives
You will find contact information to trade union representatives on KTH's webbpage.
Log into KTH's recruitment system in order to apply for this position. You are the main responsible to ensure that your application is complete according to the ad. Your complete application must be received at KTH no later than the last day of application.
Your complete application must be received by KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
About the employment
The employment is valid until further notice (permanent post) according to agreement.
The employment begins with a six-month probationary period.
Striving towards gender equality, diversity and equal conditions is both a question of quality for KTH and a given part of our values.
For information about the processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here.
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence
Anställningsform: tillsvidareanställning | Anställningens omfattning: heltid | Antal lediga befattningar: 1 | Sysselsättningsgrad: 100% | Ort: Stockholm | Län: Stockholms län | Land: Sweden | Referensnummer: M-2022-0727 | Kontakt: Stefan Stenbom, universitetslektor firstname.lastname@example.org, Morgan Mickelsson, avdelningschef email@example.com, Patrick Sjöstedt Samuelsson, HR firstname.lastname@example.org, | Publicerat: 2022-05-31 | Sista ansökningsdag: 2022-08-15
More jobs from Royal Institute of Technology
- Part time
- Part time
- Full time