- Computer science
- Lecturer / Assistant Professor
Apply by: 2022-12-30
Lecturer & Head of Level for our Digital and Technology Degree Programme
Flexible Base London OR Birmingham OR Manchester OR Leeds OR Bristol OR Newcastle
Do you have the lecturing & academic experience to support our Programme Leader in the coordination and planning of delivery of our Level Digital and Technology Degree programme? We have an exciting opportunity……. please read on!
What will you be doing? As a Head of Level for our Degree Apprenticeship you will cover the remit of academic management across a year of the undergraduate degree programme, supporting the Programme Leader in coordination and planning of for the academic and apprenticeship delivery of the Programme, ensuring compliance with academic and apprenticeship standards.
- Ensure that all associated academic and apprenticeship processes are completed in accordance with regulatory bodies (including the university partner), industry / client needs and QA best practices.
- Co-ordinate and plan delivery of the of the programme
- Act as the first point of contact for academic queries
- Contribute to management of the academic, apprenticeship and operational relationship with the university on a day-to-day basis
- Implement the University’s academic and quality assurance policies and procedures
- Implement and follow processes related to the apprenticeship standards and regulatory bodies
- Monitor and review student’s achievement/progression and implement additional support mechanisms when necessary
- Establish and develop learning/teaching approaches to support student achievement and experience
- Teach modules when appropriate
- Assist with preparation for exam boards
- Liaise with Module Leaders/Tutors regarding delivery, assessment, marking and management of the modules
- Organise and conduct inductions for that level of the programme
Bring your experience:
- Lecturing experience in the HE sector in a particular subject specialism
- Experience of delivering programmes and supporting Level - students on an apprenticeship programmes
- Module Leader experience within the HE sector
- Understanding of Apprenticeships
A little more about us: QA is one of the largest learning services organisations in the UK, developing skills and capabilities for everyone from apprentices to business leaders. Headquartered in London, but with a nationwide network of state-of-the-art training centres, QA Group is comprised of four fast-growing divisions- Learning, Apprenticeships, Consulting and Higher Education- all of which deliver innovative and cutting edge skills solutions to UK organisations.
Apply now – here’s how! Simply hit the apply button.
At QA, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.