- Full time
Apply by: 2023-10-15
PhD position in Social Psychology
The Center for Social Psychology at the Faculty of Psychology of the University of Basel is recruiting for a full-time PhD position (100%) starting January 1st, 2024, or later. The PhD position is part of an exciting research project on interpersonal and generalized trust funded by the Swiss National Science Foundation. The project uses experiments and survey data to investigate the impact of experiences of betrayal (i.e., breach of trust) on the propensity to trust uninvolved others. The project also offers the opportunity to develop and pursue own research questions that expand the state of knowledge on trust.
- Independently conceptualizing, designing, and conducting experimental research studies
- Coordinating and managing research projects
- Mentoring research assistants
- Documenting and presenting research findings in English
- Supervising students and reviewing their contributions students (seminar, bachelor and master theses); supporting examinations on the BSc and MSc level
- Taking responsibility for various organizational processes within the Center for Social Psychology
- Supporting the center in communication & outreach activities (websites, media contact, brochures, annual reports, etc.)
- Continuing your education/training (e.g., taking courses on research methods and didactics)
- You hold a very good MSc degree in Psychology and have documented interest for the field of social psychology more specifically
- You have excellent knowledge of research methods and statistics
- Your long-term goal is a position in academia
- You wish to be an integral part of an international team and contribute to its success
- You have strong organizational skills and the ability to work independently
- You have a high level of commitment and intrinsic motivation
- Your written/spoken English proficiency is very good (the working language in our team is English)
- You are open to the idea of spending part of your PhD outside of Switzerland
We offer you
- The possibility to pursue a PhD in Psychology
- Very good mentoring
- Joining a dedicated team that enjoys collaborating on various projects
- Positive and productive working atmosphere in which you can develop yourself and realize your potential
- Well-equipped working environment
- Participation in an active and interesting doctoral program in the field of Social, Economic, and Decision-Making Psychology
- The Department of Psychology provides an excellent environment at one of the leading research universities in Europe
- Basel is situated in Switzerland, at the borders to France and Germany. It's a great and welcoming city, and an excellent place to live and work. Quality of life, health care, and public transportation meet the highest standards
The University of Basel stands for excellence through diversity and is committed to equal opportunities and family-friendliness.
Application / Contact
Please submit your application as *one single* PDF file with the applicant's name as the file name by e-mail to Saskia Bollin, firstname.lastname@example.org., no later than October 15th, 2023. This file should consist of a short cover letter describing your research interests and fit to the position, your curriculum vitae, all relevant certificates, the contact details of one expert in the field (whom we may ask for a reference letter), and one scientific contribution you authored (e.g., short abstract of or your entire qualification thesis; a manuscript; a journal article).
Please do not hesitate to send us an email for further inquiries to Dr Fanny Lalot via email@example.com. We are looking forward to receiving your application!