- Full time
- Computer science
Apply by: 2023-07-24
Postdoc in distributed optimization and machine learning
We are looking for a postdoc to work on algorithm development for distributed decision-making, optimization and machine learning, to strengthen our research environment in machine learning, communications, privacy and secrecy. As a postdoc your primary goal is to progress toward becoming a fully independent researcher, both through own independent work and in collaboration with other researchers at the department. The position will be placed with the Division for Information Science and Engineering at the EECS School.
What we offer
- A position at a leading technical university that generates knowledge and skills for a sustainable future
- Engaged and ambitious colleagues along with a creative, international and dynamic working environment
- Work in Stockholm, in close proximity to nature
- Help to relocate and be settled in Sweden and at KTH
Read more about what it is like to work at KTH
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree. This eligibility requirement must be met no later than at the time the employment decision is made.
- Demonstrated scientific excellence and outstanding academic track record.
- Demonstrated potential for future development.
- Strong background in signal processing for distributed decision-making and optimization.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated excellent command of English orally and in writing.
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree, obtained within the last three years prior to the application deadline
- Demonstrated collaboration skills are preferred.
- Demonstrated teaching skills and potential are preferred.
- Awareness of diversity and equal opportunity issues, with specific focus on gender equality, is preferred.
Great emphasis will be placed on personal competency.
Trade union representatives
You will find contact information to trade union representatives at KTH's webbpage.
Log into KTH's recruitment system in order to apply to this position. You are the main responsible to ensure that your application is complete according to the ad.
The application must include:
- CV including relevant professional experience and knowledge.
- Copy of diplomas and grades from your previous university studies. Translations into English or Swedish if the original documents have not been issued in any of these languages.
- Brief account of why you want to conduct research, your academic interests and how they relate to your previous studies and future goals. Max two pages long.
- 3 research publications authored by the candidate and relevant to the position.
- Contact information for two reference persons. We contact references only for shortlisted candidates.
Your complete application must be received at KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
About the employment
The position offered is for, at the most, two years.
A position as a postdoctoral fellow is a time-limited qualified appointment focusing mainly on research, intended as a first career step after a dissertation.
Striving towards gender equality, diversity and equal conditions is both a question of quality for KTH and a given part of our values.
For information about processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here.
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.
KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We are Sweden’s largest technical research and learning institution and home to students, researchers and faculty from around the world. Our research and education covers a wide area including natural sciences and all branches of engineering, as well as architecture, industrial management, urban planning, history and philosophy. Read more hereAnställningsform: tidsbegränsad anställning
Anställningens omfattning: heltid
Antal lediga befattningar: 1
Sysselsättningsgrad: 100 %
Län: Stockholms län
Kontakt: Mikael Skoglund, Professor, Avdelningschef firstname.lastname@example.org, Mikael Skoglund, Professor, Head of division email@example.com, Anna Mård, HR Officer firstname.lastname@example.org, Anna Mård, HR-handläggare email@example.com,
Sista ansökningsdag: 2023-06-15
More jobs from Royal Institute of Technology
- Full time
- Full time