- Full time
- Consulting assignment
- Electrical engineering
Apply by: 2022-07-24
Postdoktor inom elmaskiner och drivsystem för marina tillämpningar
KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We are Sweden’s largest technical research and learning institution and home to students, researchers and faculty from around the world. Our research and education covers a wide area including natural sciences and all branches of engineering, as well as architecture, industrial management, urban planning, history and philosophy.
The transition to electrified transportation is affecting multiple fields, including the maritime shipping and leisure sector. There is an intense research activity in the areas of electric energy storage, electric systems, and electric drivetrains that will play a key role in reducing the maritime carbon emission. KTH is an active contributor in this field and will expand its activities within drivetrain solutions for sea transportation.
The position belongs to the division of Electric Power and Energy Systems at the school of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, and there will a strong link to the research group of Naval Architecture at the school of Engineering Sciences. Focus for the position is on design and development of advanced marine drivetrains with emphasis on the electric machine and associated power electronic systems. The effects of the design choices on the on-board electric system and the propulsion performance/overall efficiency will also be part of the activities.
In addition, there will be collaboration with the other doctoral and master students currently working on different projects in electric machines and drives. The position will be linked to the Swedish Electromobility Centre, where the division has a co-leading position in Theme 2 (Electric Drives and Charging). SEC also offers many industrial contacts.
What we offer
- A position at a leading technical university that generates knowledge and skills for a sustainable future
- Engaged and ambitious colleagues along with a creative, international and dynamic working environment
- Works in Stockholm, in close proximity to nature
- Help to relocate and be settled in Sweden and at KTH
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree, This eligibility requirement must be met no later than the time the employment decision is made.
- Excellent proficiency in written/spoken English, equivalent to at least a CEFR level C1
- Scientific skills and research experience in electric machines and drives
- Strong skills in finite-element analysis and Matlab/Simulink
- Collaborative abilities to work within an international team of researchers and students in different projects
- Teaching abilities in the field of electric machine design
- The ability to follow new research trends and develop ideas and problem formulations independently
- Awareness of diversity and equal opportunity issues, with specific focus on gender equality
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree, obtained within the last three years prior to the application deadline
- Research expertise in multi-physics finite-element simulations and/or design of integrated converter/machine drivetrains
- Experience from fluid dynamics is a merit
- Laboratory skills
- Experience in marine applications
Great emphasis will be placed on personal competency
Trade union representatives
You will find contact information to trade union representatives at KTH's webbpage.
Log into KTH's recruitment system in order to apply to this position. You are the main responsible to ensure that your application is complete according to the ad.
The application must include:
- CV including relevant professional experience and knowledge.
- Full list of publications.
- Copy of diplomas and grades from your previous university studies. Translations into English or Swedish if the original documents have not been issued in any of these languages.
- Brief account of why you want to conduct research, your academic interests and how they relate to this application and your previous studies, and future goals. Max two pages long.
- Contact information for two references.
Your complete application must be received at KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
About the employment
The position offered is for, at the most, two years.
A position as a postdoctoral fellow is a time-limited qualified appointment focusing mainly on research, intended as a first career step after a dissertation.
Striving towards gender equality, diversity and equal conditions is both a question of quality for KTH and a given part of our values.
For information about processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here.
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.
Type of employment: temporary position longer than 6 months | Contract type: full time | Number of positions: 1 | Working hours: 100% | City: Stockholm | County: Stockholms län | Country: Sweden | Reference number: J-2022-1141 | Contact: Luca Peretti, Associate Professor email@example.com, Eleni Nylén, HR administrator firstname.lastname@example.org, | Published: 2022-05-02 | Last application date: 2022-05-31
More jobs from Royal Institute of Technology
- Full time
- Full time
- Full time