- Full time
- Chemical engineering
Apply by: 2023-04-08
Postdoc in functional and biobased polymer materials
This project aims to combine polymer chemistry, mesoporous structuring, and nanotechnology to meet the immediate and global need for bio-based material systems for better water quality. Objectives: 1) From algal polysaccharides and their surface-functionalized adducts synthesize affinity materials that can reversibly adsorb pollutants, and to investigate such materials for use in water remediation, 2) Enabling and exploring regeneration of developed polysaccharide materials, and 3) In-depth understanding on structural and chemical relationships that affects the performance of the materials.
Work tasks include laboratory and analytical work, planning, developing, implementing and evaluating syntheses and materials, as well as written and oral presentation.
This recruitment is connected to the Wallenberg Initiative Materials Science for Sustainability (WISE). WISE, funded by the Knut and Alice Wallenberg Foundation, is the largest-ever investment in materials science in Sweden and will encompass major efforts at Sweden’s foremost universities over the course of 10 years. The vision is a sustainable future through materials science.
What we offer
- A position at a leading technical university that generates knowledge and skills for a sustainable future
- Engaged and ambitious colleagues along with a creative, international and dynamic working environment
- Work in Stockholm, in close proximity to nature
- Help to relocate and be settled in Sweden and at KTH
- All early-stage researchers recruited into the WISE program will be a part of the WISE Graduate School, an ambitious nationwide program of seminars, courses, research visits, and other activities to promote a strong multi-disciplinary and international network between PhD students, postdocs, researchers, and industry.
Read more about what it is like to work at KTH
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree, This eligibility requirement must be met no later than the time the employment decision is made.
- Research expertise
- Competence in chemistry, materials science and/or polymer technology from higher education or equivalent studies
- Collaborative abilities
- A problem-solving ability
- Requirements for English equivalent to English B/6, read more here: Entry requirements for doctoral studies
- Awareness of diversity and equal opportunity issues, with specific focus on gender equality
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree, obtained within the last three years prior to the application deadline
Great emphasis will be placed on personal competency.
Trade union representatives
You will find contact information to trade union representatives at KTH's webbpage.
Log into KTH's recruitment system in order to apply to this position. You are the main responsible to ensure that your application is complete according to the ad.
Your complete application must be received at KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
About the employment
The position offered is for, at the most, two years.
A position as a postdoctoral fellow is a time-limited qualified appointment focusing mainly on research, intended as a first career step after a dissertation.
Striving towards gender equality, diversity and equal conditions is both a question of quality for KTH and a given part of our values.
For information about processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here.
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.
KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We are Sweden’s largest technical research and learning institution and home to students, researchers and faculty from around the world. Our research and education covers a wide area including natural sciences and all branches of engineering, as well as architecture, industrial management, urban planning, history and philosophy. Read more hereAnställningsform: tidsbegränsad anställning
Anställningens omfattning: heltid
Antal lediga befattningar: 1
Län: Stockholms län
Kontakt: Ulrica Edlund email@example.com, Ulrica Edlund firstname.lastname@example.org,
Sista ansökningsdag: 2023-03-13
More jobs from Royal Institute of Technology
- Full time