- Full time
Apply by: 2023-05-01
Postdoc in Lightsheet microscopy
KTH Biophysics is a research department at the Science for Life Laboratory. We develop methods and techniques based on microscopy to study molecular and cellular processes. We are responsible for the microscopy infrastructure at the Science for Life Laboratory in Solna. We are now looking for a postdoctoral researcher with a strong background in lightsheet microscopy. As a postdoc, you will participate in research and development projects dealing with new methods for sample preparation and development of methods based on lightsheet microscopy. Duties will include experimental design, sample preparation, microscopy and analysis of multimodal data. Much work will be in the form of support to and in collaboration with external users of the microscopy infrastructure.
What we offer
- A position at a leading technical university that generates knowledge and skills for a sustainable future
- Engaged and ambitious colleagues along with a creative, international and dynamic working environment
- Work in Stockholm, in close proximity to nature
- Help to relocate and be settled in Sweden and at KTH
Read more about what it is like to work at KTH
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree. This eligibility requirement must be met no later than the time the employment decision is made.
- Additional requirements are to be able to demonstrate a well-documented scientific skill specifically in cell biology and microscopy.
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree, obtained within the last three years prior to the application deadline.
We are also looking for applicants with the following qualities:
- Pedagogical ability
- Ability to work to ensure that research results are useful
- Ability to inform about research and development work
- Experience in developing and managing operations and personnel
- Awareness of diversity and equal opportunity issues, with specific focus on gender equality
- Collaborative abilities
Great emphasis will be placed on personal competency
Trade union representatives
You will find contact information to trade union representatives at KTH's webbpage.
Log into KTH's recruitment system in order to apply to this position. You are the main responsible to ensure that your application is complete according to the ad.
The application must include:
- CV including relevant professional experience and knowledge.
- Brief account of why you want to conduct research, your academic interests and how they relate to your previous studies and future goals. Max two pages long.
- Contact details for two references.
Your complete application must be received at KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
About the employment
The position offered is for, at the most, two years.
A position as a postdoctoral fellow is a time-limited qualified appointment focusing mainly on research, intended as a first career step after a dissertation.
Striving towards gender equality, diversity and equal conditions is both a question of quality for KTH and a given part of our values.
For information about processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here.
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.
KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We are Sweden’s largest technical research and learning institution and home to students, researchers and faculty from around the world. Our research and education covers a wide area including natural sciences and all branches of engineering, as well as architecture, industrial management, urban planning, history and philosophy. Read more hereAnställningsform: tidsbegränsad anställning
Anställningens omfattning: heltid
Antal lediga befattningar: 1
Sysselsättningsgrad: 100 %
Län: Stockholms län
Kontakt: Hjalmar Brismar, email@example.com, Hjalmar Brismar, firstname.lastname@example.org,
Sista ansökningsdag: 2023-03-13
More jobs from Royal Institute of Technology
- Full time