- Full time
Apply by: 2024-01-16
Postdoc in Mathematics
The research group in Probability Theory, Mathematical Physics and Mathematical Statistics at the
Department of Mathematics in KTH is offering a three year post-doctoral position. The position will be mentored by Gaultier Lambert and is financed by grants from the Swedish Research Council (VR) and the Swedish Foundations’ Starting Grant Fellows. The main duty is research within the fields of interest of our research group. We are looking for candidates with background in the fields of random matrix theory, Coulomb/Fermi gases and Gaussian multiplicative chaos. Excellent candidates with other research interests in Probability Theory, Mathematical Physics and analysis are also strongly encouraged to apply. A limited amount of teaching may be part of the duties. For more information about our research group, see https://www.math.kth.se/RMSMA/
What we offer
- A position at a leading technical university that generates knowledge and skills for a sustainable future
- Engaged and ambitious colleagues along with a creative, international and dynamic working environment
- Work in Stockholm, in close proximity to nature
- Help to relocate and be settled in Sweden and at KTH
- A rich working environment within the research group in Random Matrix Theory,
Stochastic Models and Analysis.
- An opportunity to participate in the research program on the program on Random
Matrices and Scaling Limits at the Institute Mittag-Leffler in the fall 2024.
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree. This eligibility requirement must be met no later than the time the employment decision is made.
- Research expertise
- Teaching abilities
- Awareness of diversity and equal opportunity issues, with specific focus on gender equality
- Collaborative abilities
- We seek a candidate with a strong background in analysis, probability theory and/or mathematical physics.
- The successful applicant should be strongly motivated, have the capability to work independently as well as in collaboration with members of the research group, and have good communication skills.
- No skills in Swedish are required.
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree, obtained within the last three years prior to the application deadline
Great emphasis will be placed on personal skills.
Trade union representatives
You will find contact information to trade union representatives at KTH's webbpage.
To apply for the position
Log into KTH's recruitment system in order to apply for this position. You are the main responsible to ensure that your application is complete according to the ad.
The application should contain in PDF format:
• a cover letter including motivations for the applicant’s interest in the position.
• a Curriculum Vitae with a list of publications
• a synthetic description of the candidate’s research, including a research proposal.
• up to three letters of recommendation submitted directly by the letter writers by email to
firstname.lastname@example.org with S-2023-1869 in the subject line
Your complete application must be received at KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
About the employment
The position offered is for, at the most, three years.
A position as a postdoctoral fellow is a time-limited qualified appointment focusing mainly on research, intended as a first career step after a dissertation.
The position may include security-sensitive activities. To become authorized, you therefore need to pass a security check.
Striving towards gender equality, diversity and equal conditions is both a question of quality for KTH and a given part of our values.
For information about processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here.
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.
KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We are Sweden’s largest technical research and learning institution and home to students, researchers and faculty from around the world. Our research and education covers a wide area including natural sciences and all branches of engineering, as well as architecture, industrial management, urban planning, history and philosophy. Read more hereAnställningsform: tidsbegränsad anställning
Anställningens omfattning: heltid
Antal lediga befattningar: 1
Län: Stockholms län
Kontakt: gaultier lambert email@example.com, gaultier lambert firstname.lastname@example.org,
Sista ansökningsdag: 2023-12-15