- Full time
- Computer science
Apply by: 2023-07-24
Postdoc in Multimodal Graph generative models
Graph generative models (GGM) are gaining significant interest in different application domains. They are commonly used to model social networks, knowledge graphs, medical data and bio/chemical networks. Large pretrained models like LLMs dominate already the generation of text and inspire the training of equally large graph pretrained models for respective domains. Recently multi-modality in LLMs is becoming popular with impressive results in the area of image, video and sound generation. On the other hand GGMs can also benefit from such approaches in domains where graph generation is needed including bio/pharma/medical applications (i.e. medical graphs/protein generation), electrical or communications networks, social networks etc. Thus, the work area for the post-doctoral researcher will be to design and innovate in this area with contributions to graph pre-trained models and in multimodal graph encoders and graph decoders. The issues of graph pre-trained strategies will be part of the research. Different models of generators will be considered including auto-regressive, one shot (i.e. GANs, GAEs) or diffusion based ones.
The post doc tasks will include collaborative research with the faculty and the PhD students, participation in methodological design and experimental parts, writing up papers and proposals for fund raising. Anticipation, initiative and creativity are crucial for this position.
What we offer
- A position at a leading technical university that generates knowledge and skills for a sustainable future
- Engaged and ambitious colleagues along with a creative, international and dynamic working environment
- Work in Stockholm, in close proximity to nature
- Help to relocate and be settled in Sweden and at KTH
Read more about what it is like to work at KTH
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree. This eligibility requirement must be met no later than the time the employment decision is made.
- Additional requirements for the position
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Physics, Biology. This eligibility requirement must be met no later than the time the employment decision is made.
- Research expertise
- Teaching abilities
- Awareness of diversity and equal opportunity issues, with specific focus on gender equality
- Collaborative abilities
- analytical skills and creative thinking with a hard working attitude
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree, obtained within the last three years prior to the application deadline
Great emphasis will be placed on personal skills.
Trade union representatives
You will find contact information to trade union representatives at KTH's webbpage.
To apply for the position
Log into KTH's recruitment system in order to apply for this position. You are the main responsible to ensure that your application is complete according to the ad.
The application must include:
- CV including relevant professional experience and knowledge.
- Copy of diplomas and grades from your previous university studies. Translations into English or Swedish if the original documents have not been issued in any of these languages.
- Brief account of why you want to conduct research, your academic interests and how they relate to your previous studies and future goals. Max two pages long.
Your complete application must be received at KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
About the employment
The position offered is for, at the most, two years.
A position as a postdoctoral fellow is a time-limited qualified appointment focusing mainly on research, intended as a first career step after a dissertation.
Striving towards gender equality, diversity and equal conditions is both a question of quality for KTH and a given part of our values.
For information about processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here.
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.
KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We are Sweden’s largest technical research and learning institution and home to students, researchers and faculty from around the world. Our research and education covers a wide area including natural sciences and all branches of engineering, as well as architecture, industrial management, urban planning, history and philosophy. Read more hereAnställningsform: tidsbegränsad anställning
Anställningens omfattning: heltid
Antal lediga befattningar: 1
Sysselsättningsgrad: 100 %
Län: Stockholms län
Kontakt: Michail Vazirgiannis firstname.lastname@example.org, Michail Vazirgiannis email@example.com, Karl Henning, HR firstname.lastname@example.org, Karl Henning, HR email@example.com,
Sista ansökningsdag: 2023-06-14
More jobs from Royal Institute of Technology
- Full time