- Full time
- Consulting assignment
Apply by: 2021-10-01
Postdoc in nanocellulose based ultrasound-transparent electrode
KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We are Sweden’s largest technical research and learning institution and home to students, researchers and faculty from around the world. Our research and education covers a wide area including natural sciences and all branches of engineering, as well as architecture, industrial management, urban planning, history and philosophy.
Skin electrodes are common, non-invasive tools used to record bioelectrical activity from the surface of the body. However, most skin-contact electrodes suffer from limited signal stability due to drying out of electrolytic gel, discomfort due to the stiffness and short circuit in multiple array electrode grids. The objective of this project is to develop a biocompatible ultrasound transparent electrode based on wood-derived nanocellulose. The post doctor will study ultrasound transparent electrodes from nanocellulose.
The Biocomposites group works in a multidisciplinary framework, with competencies ranging from cellulose and polymer chemistry to mechanics and processing of composites and molecular dynamics modeling. The focus is on nanostructured biocomposites and cellulose materials. The scientific interest is new material concepts, where structural and functional properties are combined. Material components include nanocellulose, plant fibers, wood, biopolymers, and are used in nanomaterial systems such as aerogels, foams, biocomposites, polymer matrix nanocomposites, inorganic hybrids etc. The post doctor will work directly with Assistant Professor Yuanyuan Li and Professor Lars Berglund.
What we offer
- A position at a leading technical university that generates knowledge and skills for a sustainable future
- Multidisciplinary research environment
- Engaged and ambitious colleagues along with a creative, international and dynamic working environment
- Works in Stockholm, in close proximity to nature
- Help to relocate and be settled in Sweden and at KTH
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree, obtained within the last three years prior to the application deadline (With some exceptions for special reasons such as periods of sick or parental leave, kindly indicate if such reason exists in your resume).
- A doctoral degree (or an equivalent foreign degree) in chemistry, chemical engineering, materials chemistry, materials science and engineering or corresponding competences.
- Experience in laboratory work related to polymers, composites, cellulose fibers or related topics.
- Experience in materials preparation, SEM, FTIR, and mechanical testing.The candidate should have strong engineering science skills and be capable of critical thinking.
- Good academic records.
- Good knowledge in English, not only for academic writing but also for oral communication as required in daily work. You should have good communication skills, and be skilled in scientific discussions on advanced topics in English.
It's a merit if you have engineering science skills and the ability of mastering advanced experimental or theoretical methods. It is also advantageous if you have an awareness of diversity and equal treatment issues with a particular focus on gender equality. You must have good collaboration skills and educational abilities.
We are looking for a person who is structured and creative, and who is able to work independently at high pace. It's important that you have a personal maturity with a problem solving analytical ability.
Great emphasis will be placed on personal competency.
Trade union representatives
You will find contact information to trade union representatives at KTH's webbpage.
Log into KTH's recruitment system in order to apply to this position. You are the main responsible to ensure that your application is complete according to the ad.
Your complete application must be received at KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
About the employment
The position offered is for, at the most, two years.
A position as a postdoctoral fellow is a time-limited qualified appointment focusing mainly on research, intended as a first career step after a dissertation.
Striving towards gender equality, diversity and equal conditions is both a question of quality for KTH and a given part of our values.
For information about processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here.
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.
More jobs from Royal Institute of Technology
- Full time
- Full time