- Full time
- Consulting assignment
- Computer science
Apply by: 2021-08-13
Postdoc in probabilistic programming & machine learning of realtime systems
KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We are Sweden’s largest technical research and learning institution and home to students, researchers and faculty from around the world. Our research and education covers a wide area including natural sciences and all branches of engineering, as well as architecture, industrial management, urban planning, history and philosophy.
The postdoc position focuses on fundamental research within the combination of programming/modeling languages, compilers, and machine learning. In particular, the emphasis is on the intersection of theoretical and practical challenges within differentiable probabilistic programming and reinforcement learning of real-time systems. The postdoc will work in close collaboration with either research groups from Uppsala University in the ASSEMBLE project or with research groups from KTH in the Digital Futures project Data-Limited Learning of Complex Dynamical Systems. The postdoc is employed at KTH Kista, in the Department of Computer Science and part of the research group lead by Associate Professor David Broman. In addition to research, the applicant has the opportunity to teach between 10-20% of the working time.
What we offer
- A position at a leading technical university that generates knowledge and skills for a sustainable future.
- Engaged and ambitious colleagues along with a creative, international and dynamic working environment.
- Work in Stockholm, in close proximity to nature.
- Help to relocate and be settled in Sweden and at KTH
- An open research environment where the postdoc will be able to explore the research topics individually and in close collaboration with experienced researchers within the field.
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree, obtained within the last three years prior to the application deadline (With some exceptions for special reasons such as periods of sick or parental leave, kindly indicate if such reason exists in your resume).
- To have proven research experience within at least one of the following research areas: programming language theory, compilers, or machine learning.
- To have very good communication skills in both oral and written English.
- It is preferable but not required to have research experience within some of the following areas: probabilistic programming, reinforcement learning, or real-time systems.
- We prefer that you can show that you can drive your work forward independently, without extensive supervision.
- The applicant should be used to a well-structured working style, and have the ability to work both individually and in teams.
- Scientific skills.
- Educational ability.
- Awareness of diversity and equal treatment issues with a particular focus on gender equality.
Great emphasis will be placed on personal competency
Trade union representatives
You will find contact information to trade union representatives at KTH's webbpage.
Log into KTH's recruitment system in order to apply to this position. You are the main responsible to ensure that your application is complete according to the ad.
The application must include:
- CV including relevant professional experience and knowledge.
- Copy of diplomas and grades from your previous university studies. Translations into English or Swedish if the original documents have not been issued in any of these languages.
- Publication list.
- One or two reference letters.
- Brief account of why you want to conduct research, your academic interests and how they relate to your previous studies, to future goals, and the announced position. Max two pages long.
Your complete application must be received at KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
About the employment
The position offered is for, at the most, two years.
A position as a postdoctoral fellow is a time-limited qualified appointment focusing mainly on research, intended as a first career step after a dissertation.
Striving towards gender equality, diversity and equal conditions is both a question of quality for KTH and a given part of our values.
For information about processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here.
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.