- Full time
- Consulting assignment
Apply by: 2021-09-30
Postdoc in quantum nano photonics
KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We are Sweden’s largest technical research and learning institution and home to students, researchers and faculty from around the world. Our research and education covers a wide area including natural sciences and all branches of engineering, as well as architecture, industrial management, urban planning, history and philosophy.
The Quantum Nano Photonics group at KTH is inviting applications for a postdoc position in the field of quantum photonics at the single photon level. You will work in an international team to develop quantum photonic devices operating at cryogenic temperatures. You will be involved in European and international projects and will collaborate with leading research groups. The work will include nanofabrication, optical measurements and data analysis.
What we offer
- A position at a leading technical university that generates knowledge and skills for a sustainable future
- Engaged and ambitious colleagues along with a creative, international and dynamic working environment
- Works in Stockholm, in close proximity to nature
- Help to relocate and be settled in Sweden and at KTH
- A well equipped laboratory for quantum optics experiments at cryogenic temperatures.
- Access to a state-of-the-art nanofabrication laboratory.
- Strong collaborations with world leading research groups in the field.
- A multidisciplinary environment where nanoscale quantum photonics devices are developed and implemented in a wide field of applications.
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree, obtained within the last three years prior to the application deadline (With some exceptions for special reasons such as periods of sick or parental leave, kindly indicate if such reason exists in your resume).
- Experience with quantum optics measurements at the single photon level.
- Experience with optical measurements at cryogenic temperatures.
- Experience in nanofabrication.
- Experience with superconducting devices fabrication and operation.
- Experience with single quantum dot spectroscopy.
- Experience in supervision of master student projects.
- International experience.
- Proficiency with scientific presentations.
- Research expertise
- Teaching abilities
- Awareness of diversity and equal opportunity issues, with specific focus on gender equality
- Collaborative abilities
Great emphasis will be placed on personal competency.
Trade union representatives
You will find contact information to trade union representatives at KTH's webbpage.
Log into KTH's recruitment system in order to apply to this position. You are the main responsible to ensure that your application is complete according to the ad.
The application must include:
- CV including relevant professional experience and knowledge.
- Copy of diplomas and grades from your previous university studies. Translations into English or Swedish if the original documents have not been issued in any of these languages.
- Brief account of why you want to conduct research, your academic interests and how they relate to your previous studies and future goals. Max one page long.
Your complete application must be received at KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
About the employment
The position offered is for, at the most, two years.
A position as a postdoctoral fellow is a time-limited qualified appointment focusing mainly on research, intended as a first career step after a dissertation.
Striving towards gender equality, diversity and equal conditions is both a question of quality for KTH and a given part of our values.
For information about processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here.
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.
More jobs from Royal Institute of Technology
- Full time
- Part time