- Part time
- Consulting assignment
Apply by: 2022-11-23
Postdoc in Theoretical Particle Physics
KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We are Sweden’s largest technical research and learning institution and home to students, researchers and faculty from around the world. Our research and education covers a wide area including natural sciences and all branches of engineering, as well as architecture, industrial management, urban planning, history and philosophy.
One postdoctoral position is announced in the Department of Physics within the subject area of theoretical particle physics/theoretical astroparticle physics. The research of the group is focused on physics beyond the Standard Model and includes neutrino physics, dark matter physics, model building, extra-dimensional physics, and LHC phenomenology. The group members are part of the ESSnuSB, Hyper-Kamiokande and INO collaborations and work on the physics reach of these experiments. The department is situated at the AlbaNova University Center on the Albano Hill close to Roslagstull in Stockholm together with the departments of physics and astronomy at Stockholm University, and NORDITA. Information about our research group and our research interests and projects can be found at https://www.particle.kth.se/particle-and-astroparticle-physics-1.793997
What we offer
- A position at a leading technical university that generates knowledge and skills for a sustainable future
- Engaged and ambitious colleagues along with a creative, international and dynamic working environment
- Works in Stockholm, in close proximity to nature
- Help to relocate and be settled in Sweden and at KTH
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree, This eligibility requirement must be met no later than the time the employment decision is made.
- Good oral and written communication skills in English are required in the daily work.
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree, obtained within the last three years prior to the application deadline
- A suitable background for this position would be a Ph.D. degree in theoretical physics with specialization in theoretical particle physics/theoretical astroparticle physics or a similar area.
- Research expertise
- Teaching abilities
- Awareness of diversity and equal opportunity issues, with specific focus on gender equality
- Collaborative abilities
Great emphasis will be placed on personal competency
Trade union representatives
You will find contact information to trade union representatives at KTH's webbpage.
Log into KTH's recruitment system in order to apply to this position. You are the main responsible to ensure that your application is complete according to the ad.
The application must include:
- CV including relevant professional experience and knowledge.
- List of publications
- Brief statement of research interests
- Statement of planned research work at KTH
- Letters of recommendation and/or name and contact details of 3 referees
- Copy of diplomas and grades from your previous university studies.
Your complete application must be received at KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
About the employment
The position offered is for, at the most, two years.
A position as a postdoctoral fellow is a time-limited qualified appointment focusing mainly on research, intended as a first career step after a dissertation.
Striving towards gender equality, diversity and equal conditions is both a question of quality for KTH and a given part of our values.
For information about processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here.
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.
Anställningsform: visstidsanställning längre än 6 månader | Anställningens omfattning: heltid | Antal lediga befattningar: 1 | Sysselsättningsgrad: 100% | Ort: Stockholm | Län: Stockholms län | Land: Sweden | Referensnummer: S-2022-1586 | Kontakt: Prof. Sandhya Choubey firstname.lastname@example.org, Prof. Pär Olsson, head of department of physics email@example.com, | Publicerat: 2022-09-20 | Sista ansökningsdag: 2022-10-31
More jobs from Royal Institute of Technology
- Full time
- Full time