- Part time
- Consulting assignment
- Electrical engineering
Apply by: 2022-10-07
Postdoc in Vehicle to grid control and management
KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We are Sweden’s largest technical research and learning institution and home to students, researchers and faculty from around the world. Our research and education covers a wide area including natural sciences and all branches of engineering, as well as architecture, industrial management, urban planning, history and philosophy.
Driven by the environment concern and sustainable requirement, electric vehicles (EVs) have attracted global attention as they provide more environmentally friendly transportation. However, the large-scale utilization of EVs will greatly increase the electricity consumption in the grid. If charging of EVs are not managed, it will pose significant impact on grid and require expensive grid reinforcement. On the other hand, vehicle to grid (V2G) and smart charging will provide opportunities to minimize grid impact and provide grid support for smooth integration of EVs. This project will hire two researchers, one will work on the design of smart charging strategies for EV integration as well as energy management of energy hub, the other will work on the power electronics and control for V2G systems.
What we offer
- A position at a leading technical university that generates knowledge and skills for a sustainable future
- Engaged and ambitious colleagues along with a creative, international and dynamic working environment
- Works in Stockholm, in close proximity to nature
- Help to relocate and be settled in Sweden and at KTH
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree, This eligibility requirement must be met no later than the time the employment decision is made.
- The candidate should have a research background in at least one area related to the project:
- energy management of distribution grids/energy hub/microgrid/EV charging
- design and control of power converters
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree, obtained within the last three years prior to the application deadline
- International impact and the research outputs in the related field
- Ability to work independently as well as a part of team.
- Ability to fluently communicate research ideas and results.
- Teaching abilities
- Awareness of issues of values, including diversity and equal treatment issues with a particular focus on gender equality, and ethical research conduct.
Great emphasis will be placed on personal competency.
Trade union representatives
You will find contact information to trade union representatives at KTH's webbpage.
Log into KTH's recruitment system in order to apply to this position. You are the main responsible to ensure that your application is complete according to the ad.
The application must include:
- CV including relevant professional experience and knowledge.
- Copy of diplomas and grades from your previous university studies. Translations into English or Swedish if the original documents have not been issued in any of these languages.
- Research statement, one page about your previous achievements, and one page about your future plan.
Your complete application must be received at KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
About the employment
The position offered is for, at the most, two years.
A position as a postdoctoral fellow is a time-limited qualified appointment focusing mainly on research, intended as a first career step after a dissertation.
Striving towards gender equality, diversity and equal conditions is both a question of quality for KTH and a given part of our values.
For information about processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here.
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.
Anställningsform: visstidsanställning längre än 6 månader | Anställningens omfattning: heltid/deltid | Antal lediga befattningar: 1 | Sysselsättningsgrad: 100% | Ort: Stockholm | Län: Stockholms län | Land: Sweden | Referensnummer: J-2022-1607 | Kontakt: Qianwen Xu, Assistant Professor email@example.com, Eleni Nylén, HR administrator firstname.lastname@example.org, | Publicerat: 2022-06-22 | Sista ansökningsdag: 2022-08-16
More jobs from Royal Institute of Technology
- Full time
- Part time
- Part time