- Full time
Apply by: 2023-11-17
Postdoc in Visual Optics
Your role as a postdoctor in visual optics will mainly be to work on existing research projects about the effect of optical errors on quality of vision in the central and peripheral visual field. This will include the maintenance and update of an adaptive optics visual simulator, programming and setting up psychophysical routines, recruiting subjects, performing measurements, analyzing the relationship between image quality and vision, as well as documenting and presenting the research results. The work will be collaborative and include supervision of students and co-supervision of PhD-students. There are also possibilities to initiate and lead new research projects within visual optics as well as to gain teaching experience both on undergraduate and graduate level.
The recruited postdoctor will work in the Visual Optics group (www.aphys.kth.se/biox/research/vio) at Biomedical and X-Ray Physics, Department of Applied Physics, School of Engineering Sciences at KTH in Stockholm.
What we offer
- A position at a leading technical university that generates knowledge and skills for a sustainable future
- Engaged and ambitious colleagues along with a creative, international and dynamic working environment
- Work in Stockholm, in close proximity to nature
- Help to relocate and be settled in Sweden and at KTH
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree. This eligibility requirement must be met no later than the time the employment decision is made.
- Scientific expertise in experimental visual optics
- Collaborative abilities
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree, obtained within the last three years prior to the application deadline
- Research experience of adaptive optics and vision evaluation
- Pedagogic abilities and presentation skills
- Ability to work in a clinical setting
- Awareness of diversity and equal opportunity issues, with specific focus on gender equality
Great emphasis will be placed on personal skills.
Trade union representatives
You will find contact information to trade union representatives at KTH's webbpage.
To apply for the position
Log into KTH's recruitment system in order to apply for this position. You are the main responsible to ensure that your application is complete according to the ad.
The application must include:
- Brief account of why you apply for this position, your academic interests and how they relate to your previous studies and future goals. Not more than two pages long.
- CV including relevant professional experience and knowledge.
- Copy of diplomas and grades from your previous university studies. Translations into English or Swedish if the original documents have not been issued in any of these languages.
Your complete application must be received at KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
About the employment
The position offered is for, at the most, two years.
A position as a postdoctoral fellow is a time-limited qualified appointment focusing mainly on research, intended as a first career step after a dissertation.
Striving towards gender equality, diversity and equal conditions is both a question of quality for KTH and a given part of our values.
For information about processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here.
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.
KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We are Sweden’s largest technical research and learning institution and home to students, researchers and faculty from around the world. Our research and education covers a wide area including natural sciences and all branches of engineering, as well as architecture, industrial management, urban planning, history and philosophy. Read more hereAnställningsform: tidsbegränsad anställning
Anställningens omfattning: heltid
Antal lediga befattningar: 1
Län: Stockholms län
Kontakt: Linda Lundström email@example.com, Linda Lundström firstname.lastname@example.org,
Sista ansökningsdag: 2023-09-27
More jobs from Royal Institute of Technology
- Full time