- Full time
- Computer science
- Computer engineering
- Electrical engineering
Apply by: 2023-04-28
Postdocs in robotics
We look for up to two postdocs to join the Division of Robotics, Perception and Learning, focusing on safe autonomy. The job will entail:
- research, development and evaluation of autonomous task planning, motion planning, or control algorithms for mobile robots
- collaboration with other researchers on research, integration and experiments
You will be encouraged but not required to teach master-level and PhD-level classes in safe autonomy, planning, and control, as well as supervise master students.
What we offer
- A position at a leading technical university that generates knowledge and skills for a sustainable future
- Engaged and ambitious colleagues along with a creative, international and dynamic working environment
- Work in Stockholm, in close proximity to nature
- Help to relocate and be settled in Sweden and at KTH
- Participation in The Vinnova Center for Trustworthy Edge Computing and Applications, and access to TECoSA resources, including its network of industrial partners.
Read more about what it is like to work at KTH
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree, This eligibility requirement must be met no later than the time the employment decision is made.
- Research expertise with background in at least one of the following areas: motion planning, control, edge robotics, multi-agent systems, formal methods in robotics, non-axiomatic reasoning; and willingness to enhance your knowledge in several of the listed areas
- Collaborative abilities allowing you to work as a part of the interdisciplinary research team
- Independence allowing you to lead your original line of research
- Awareness of diversity and equal opportunity issues, with a specific focus on gender equality
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree obtained within the last three years prior to the application deadline
- Experience with robot integration, ROS, Python
- Project leadership and management abilities
- Teaching abilities
Great emphasis will be placed on personal competency.
Trade union representatives
You will find contact information to trade union representatives on KTH's webbpage.
Log into KTH's recruitment system to apply for this position. You are the main responsible for ensuring that your application is complete according to the ad.
The application must include:
- CV including relevant professional experience and knowledge.
- Copy of diplomas and grades from your previous university studies. Translations into English or Swedish if the original documents have not been issued in any of these languages.
- Brief account of why you want to conduct research, your academic interests and how they relate to your previous studies and future goals. Max two pages long.
Your complete application must be received at KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
About the employment
The position offered is for, at the most, three years.
A position as a postdoctoral fellow is a time-limited qualified appointment focusing mainly on research, intended as a first career step after a dissertation.
Striving towards gender equality, diversity and equal conditions is both a question of quality for KTH and a given part of our values.
For information about processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here.
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.
KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We are Sweden’s largest technical research and learning institution and home to students, researchers and faculty from around the world. Our research and education covers a wide area including natural sciences and all branches of engineering, as well as architecture, industrial management, urban planning, history and philosophy. Read more hereAnställningsform: tidsbegränsad anställning
Anställningens omfattning: heltid
Antal lediga befattningar: 1
Län: Stockholms län
Kontakt: Jana Tumova, Universitetslektor email@example.com, Jana Tumova, Associate Prof. firstname.lastname@example.org, Sarah Kullgren, HR email@example.com, Sarah Kullgren, HR firstname.lastname@example.org,
Sista ansökningsdag: 2023-03-31
More jobs from Royal Institute of Technology
- Full time
- Full time