- Full time
Apply by: 2024-01-08
Postdoctoral Researcher in Cognitive and Decision Sciences (100%)
The Faculty of Psychology is one of seven faculties of the oldest university in Switzerland. With our core focus on Society & Choice and Health & Interventions, we are successful both nationally and internationally in our research and study programs.
Join the Center for Cognitive and Decision Sciences (Prof. Dr. Rui Mata; www.cds.unibas.ch) as a postdoctoral researcher for a 2-year term, with potential extensions. Responsibilities include research, teaching 1-2 courses per semester, and advising BSc/MSc students. Teaching can be conducted in English or German.
The ideal candidate has a PhD in psychology, cognitive science, or a related field. Knowledge of psychology and decision sciences and corresponding research methods is expected, and interest in applying these skills to understanding individual and age differences in cognitive and decision-making processes is appreciated.
We offer you
- Postdoctoral position for a period of 2 years with the possibility to extend the position for further 2-4 years
- A highly interdisciplinary and collaborative work environment
- Competitive salary, benefits and working conditions following Swiss university standards
- A truly international environment in Basel, bordering with France and Germany, a wide range of cultural activities, and an exceptional quality of life
The University of Basel is an equal opportunity and family friendly employer committed to excellence through diversity. To increase the number of women in leading academic positions, the university strongly encourages applications from women.
Application / Contact
Please submit your complete application documents, including:
- A motivation letter (maximum one A4 page) describing your suitability for the position, detailing your main interests, and how you think your plans resonate with the work of the group.
- Curriculum vitae (including a list of publications) and up to 5 preprints.
- The names and contact details of up to three referees who can recommend you and your work (but no letters of recommendation).
via the online portal. Other means of application will not be accepted.
Reviewing of applications will start on 8 January 2024 and continue until the position is filled.
For further information, please contact the Center for Cognitive and Decision Sciences, Faculty of Psychology, University of Basel, Missionsstrasse 60-62, 4055 Basel, Switzerland. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
More jobs from University of Basel
- Full time
- Part time