- Full time
- Consulting assignment
Apply by: 2022-08-23
Postdoc in Transformation of Plastic Waste into Novel Biopolymers
KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We are Sweden’s largest technical research and learning institution and home to students, researchers and faculty from around the world. Our research and education covers a wide area including natural sciences and all branches of engineering, as well as architecture, industrial management, urban planning, history and philosophy.
The position involves mainly polymer processing and characterization of the polymers produced within an EU-project which involves a seamless route to resolving PET plastic pollution, converting it to Eco-plastic prototypes. Conversion of unrecyclable post use PET into new, high performance bioplastics embodies the regenerative zero waste approaches found in nature, where post use materials become the ingredients for new products and with unlimited cyclical use of materials.
We will convert lower grade PET and mixed recalcitrant PET plastic waste into high performing biopolymers, through the development of a suite of technologies adaptable to the waste input. The project will combine several approaches to optimize the material circularity. It involves depolymerization processes, microbiome technology and polymer processing and the goal is to implement high sustainability in large plastic applications, such as packaging.
What we offer
- A position at a leading technical university that generates knowledge and skills for a sustainable future
- Engaged and ambitious colleagues along with a creative, international and dynamic working environment
- Works in Stockholm, in close proximity to nature
- Help to relocate and be settled in Sweden and at KTH
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree. This eligibility requirement must be met no later than the time the employment decision is made.
- You must have research experience in polymers corresponding to a doctoral degree
- As a person you are aware of diversity and equal opportunity issues, with specific focus on gender equality
- You must have collaborative abilities but also be able to work independently
- You possess scientific expertise.
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree, obtained within the last three years prior to the application deadline
- It is preferred that you have teaching abilities
- It is preferred that you have experience in processing of polymers and characterization of these
- It is preferred that you also have experience on polymerization.
- It is preferred that you have experience of green chemistry.
Great emphasis will be placed on personal competency.
Trade union representatives
You will find contact information to trade union representatives at KTH's webbpage.
Log into KTH's recruitment system in order to apply to this position. You are the main responsible to ensure that your application is complete according to the ad.
The application must include:
- CV including relevant professional experience and knowledge.
- Copy of diplomas and grades from your previous university studies. Translations into English or Swedish if the original documents have not been issued in any of these languages.
- Brief account of why you want to conduct research, your academic interests and how they relate to your previous studies and future goals. Max two pages long.
Your complete application must be received at KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
About the employment
The position offered is for, at the most, three years.
A position as a postdoctoral fellow is a time-limited qualified appointment focusing mainly on research, intended as a first career step after a dissertation.
Striving towards gender equality, diversity and equal conditions is both a question of quality for KTH and a given part of our values.
For information about processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here.
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.
Type of employment: temporary position longer than 6 months | Contract type: full time | Number of positions: 1 | Working hours: 100% | City: Stockholm | County: Stockholms län | Country: Sweden | Reference number: C-2022-1237 | Contact: Mikael Hedenqvist, email@example.com 08-7907645, | Published: 2022-06-10 | Last application date: 2022-08-11
More jobs from Royal Institute of Technology
- Full time
- Full time
- Full time