- Full time
- Social science
- Research Assistant
Apply by: 2023-02-23
8 hours per week / 20 %
The professorship of Quantitative Economic History (Cliometrics), under direction of Prof. Dr. Robert Stelter in the Faculty of Business and Economics of the University of Basel, invites applications for a Research Assistant (Hilfsassistent*in) position with a 20 % appointment.
Start date: 1st of February 2023.
The chair is currently in the process of launching new research projects. For these projects, we are looking for the support of a motivated student like you in the following tasks:
- Sifting and editing of historical data
- Assistance in creation and extension of databases
- Digitalization of historical sources and text mining
- Bachelor or Master student at the University of Basel (or a university nearby)
- Passion for historical questions
- Competent handling of word processing software, e.g. Microsoft Office or Latex
- Expertise in OCR software
- Interest in programming (e.g. R and SQL) combined with the willingness to expand your skills via learning-by-doing
- A focused, persistent and accurate way of working
We offer you
We offer the opportunity to conduct high-quality research in a dynamic, innovative scientific working environment. Conditions of employment and salary are governed by the personnel and salary regulations of the University of Basel.
Application / Contact
Are you interested? Then we look forward to your complete online application.
Your application should include a cover letter, CV, copies of university diplomas and transcripts of academic records.
To obtain more information, please contact Prof. Dr. Stelter.
Closing Date: We will continuously consider incoming applications, until the position is filled.
More jobs from University of Basel
- Stockholm och Uppsala
- Full time