Apply by: 2023-01-23
Post Type: Full Time
Contract Type: Fixed Term - Ends //
Closing Date: . hours GMT on Sunday December (unless otherwise stated)
Interview Date: Tuesday December
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Research Associate to join our leading applied health and social care research unit - Centre for Health Services Studies (CHSS)
The purpose of this post is to support our growing portfolio of research in health and social care organisation and service delivery. The successful candidate will utilise their experience in health and care research to play a key role in supporting CHSS’s research on primary and community care, and health and social care systems.
We are seeking a researcher with experience of social care and an interest in knowledge exchange and implementation science. The successful candidate will be part of a vibrant and growing social care team, working on a national project to maximise learning and impact from six NIHR-funded social care partnerships in England. In addition, the candidate will undertake a realist review on overdose prevention centres.
As a Research Associate in CHSS you will:
- Collaborate actively with other researchers in CHSS, local health and local government organisations, community groups and other academic institutions to complete research projects and advance thinking.
- Undertake research and teaching related to health and care services organisation and management
- Support the involvement of members of the public and patients in the research and associated activities
- Undertake student supervision
- Contribute to the development and strategic work of CHSS
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A PhD, or near to completion of a PhD (or equivalent experience) in a relevant subject
- Knowledge of qualitative research methods and their application
- Experience in health and care research or relevant field as a postdoctoral researcher or equivalent
- Experience of day-to-day running and management of large-scale research projects
- Knowledge of the workings and operation of the social care and health systems
If you have the qualifications, skills and experience we are looking for, we would welcome your application.
Please see the links below to view the job description and additional information. To apply, please follow the link below and upload a cover letter and CV.
For questions about the application process, please contact quoting ref: LSSJ--
Please note that we prioritise applications from current University of Kent redeployees. We will let you know if this post is to be filled by a redeployee as, in this instance, your application will unfortunately not be taken forward.
Applications must be made via the University’s online application system; CVs or details sent directly to the department or via email cannot be considered.
The University of Kent values diversity and promotes equality at all levels.