- Full time
- Consulting assignment
- Electrical engineering
- Research Engineer
Apply by: 2023-07-25
Research engineers at the Smart Mobility Lab
We are looking for two research engineers for the Smart Mobility Lab that will work on both the development of research platforms and on active research projects. The chosen candidates will primarily work on developing and supporting research with the Small-Vehicles-for-Autonomy (SVEA) research platform (svea.eecs.kth.se) at the Smart Mobility Lab.
You will be involved with the exploration and integration of cutting-edge technologies for connected and automated vehicles. More specifically the job includes:
- Development and implementation of new concepts and research results, both individually and in collaboration with researchers, Ph.D. students, and our industrial partners (e.g. Ericsson & Scania)
- Development and maintenance of the SVEA platform
- Supervision and support for users of the SVEA platform such as MSc students, Ph.D. students, postdocs, and researchers.
- Contributing to shaping the future direction and management of the lab.
What we offer
- A position at a leading technical university that generates knowledge and skills for a sustainable future.
- Engaged and ambitious colleagues along with a creative, international and dynamic working environment
- Work in Stockholm, in close proximity to nature
- Help to relocate and get settled in Sweden and at KTH.
Read more about what it is like to work at KTH
- A graduate degree or an advanced level (higher education) in the research subject or equivalent competence.
- Degree within Electrical Engineering, Engineering Physics, Applied Mathematics, or similar fields.
- Good command of English, both spoken and written.
- Subject-related skills and an outstanding academic track record relevant to the position.
- The candidates we are looking for need to have well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Applicants should have the ability to work goal- and result-oriented and be able to learn new things independently.
- The candidates we are looking for need to be able to work successfully independently, yet collaborate well with others. The ability to be adaptable and also have a structured mindset and approach, and be decisive regarding one's work is of great importance for this position.
- Previous studies with a focus on Systems and Control and/or Robotics is considered meritorious education
- Professional skills such as previous experience in implementation projects with med Python programming, ROS implementation, and 3D modeling/CAD design are desired.
- Awareness of diversity and equal opportunity issues, with specific focus on gender equality.
Great emphasis will be placed on personal skills.
Trade union representatives
You will find contact information to trade union representatives at KTH's webbpage.
To apply for the position
Log into KTH's recruitment system in order to apply for this position. You are the main responsible to ensure that your application is complete according to the ad.
The application should include:
- Cover letter
- Copy of diplomas and grades from your previous university studies. Translations into English or Swedish if the original documents have not been issued in any of these languages.
Your complete application must be received by KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
About the employment
The employment is valid for a limited time according to the agreement - for up to 12 months, with access according to agreement.
Striving towards gender equality, diversity and equal conditions is both a question of quality for KTH and a given part of our values
For information about processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here.
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.
KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We are Sweden’s largest technical research and learning institution and home to students, researchers and faculty from around the world. Our research and education covers a wide area including natural sciences and all branches of engineering, as well as architecture, industrial management, urban planning, history and philosophy. Read more hereAnställningsform: särskild visstidsanställning
Anställningens omfattning: heltid
Antal lediga befattningar: 2
Län: Stockholms län
Kontakt: Felicia Gustafsson, HR firstname.lastname@example.org, Felicia Gustafsson, HR email@example.com, Prof. Jonas Mårtensson firstname.lastname@example.org, Prof. Jonas Mårtensson email@example.com, Frank Jiang firstname.lastname@example.org, Frank Jiang email@example.com,
Sista ansökningsdag: 2023-06-15
More jobs from Royal Institute of Technology
- Full time