- Full time
- Research Engineer
Apply by: 2023-03-20
Research Engineers to the Spatial Proteomics National Facility
Job descriptionThe Spatial Proteomics facility at SciLifeLab in Stockholm works on different projects revolving around spatial proteomics for cells and tissues. The team consists of 7 people and is now looking for a substitute research engineer (until August 2024) with possible extension of additional 1 year. The focus is to offer highly multiplexed immunofluorescence using state of the art protocols and equipment. Currently we work with the platforms from Akoya Biosciences (Phenocyler Fusion) and Lunaphore (COMET and LabSat). In the role as research engineer you will primarily be working in the lab, but tasks also include quality control and some sample analysis as well as generating project reports. Much work will be to perform projects for external users, but the position also includes internal development and implementation of new protocols. Do you want to gain experience in a strong emerging spatial omics field and work with new technologies at the forefront of research? Do you want to contribute to drive cutting edge projects forward? Then apply for this position!
What we offer
- A position at a leading technical university that generates knowledge and skills for a sustainable future
- Engaged and ambitious colleagues along with a creative, international and dynamic working environment
- Work in Stockholm, in close proximity to nature
- A position that puts you in the centre of the strong and emerging research field of spatial omics, at the largest Swedish infrastructure for Life Science
- Help to relocate and get settled in Sweden and at KTH.
- A graduate degree or an advanced level (higher education) in the research subject or equivalent competence, eg Master of Science in Life Science or equivalent [CS1]
- Previous experience from wet lab work with subject-related methods and professional skills
- Excellent knowledge in English as this is needed in our daily work
- Awareness of diversity and equal opportunity issues, with specific focus on gender equality
Previous experience in cells and tissue handling, microscopy and antibody vased mehodss is an advantage. Also knowledge in immunology, histology, pathology and/or quantitative image analysis and programming is an advantage but not required.
Great emphasis will be placed on personal competence and suitability. As a person, you are curious, reliable and a good team player that can also work independently and drive projects forward. You can work with several tasks in parallel and have excellent communication skills. For this position it is extra important to be organized, quality focused and service minded.
Trade union representatives
You will find contact information to trade union representatives at KTH's webbpage.
Log into KTH's recruitment system in order to apply to this position. You are the main responsible to ensure that your application is complete according to the ad.
The application must include:
- CV including relevant professional experience and knowledge.
- Copy of diplomas and grades from your previous university studies. Translations into English or Swedish if the original documents have not been issued in any of these languages.
- Personal letter of why you apply for this position, your research interests and how they relate to your previous studies and future goals. Max 1 page long.
Your complete application must be received by KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
About the employment
The employment is valid for a limited time according to the agreement (vicariate) until August 2024, with access according to agreement.
Striving towards gender equality, diversity and equal conditions is both a question of quality for KTH and a given part of our values
For information about processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here.
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.
KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We are Sweden’s largest technical research and learning institution and home to students, researchers and faculty from around the world. Our research and education covers a wide area including natural sciences and all branches of engineering, as well as architecture, industrial management, urban planning, history and philosophy. Read more hereAnställningsform: tidsbegränsad anställning | Anställningens omfattning: heltid | Antal lediga befattningar: 1 | Sysselsättningsgrad: 100% | Ort: Solna | Län: Stockholms län | Land: Sweden | Referensnummer: C-2022-2869 | Kontakt: Charlotte Stadler firstname.lastname@example.org, Charlotte Stadler email@example.com, | Publicerat: 2023-01-19 | Sista ansökningsdag: 2023-02-09
More jobs from Royal Institute of Technology