- Part time
- Consulting assignment
- Media and Communication
- Administrative work
Apply by: 2022-10-08
Studio- and Makerspace manager at KTH
KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We are Sweden’s largest technical research and learning institution and home to students, researchers and faculty from around the world. Our research and education covers a wide area including natural sciences and all branches of engineering, as well as architecture, industrial management, urban planning, history and philosophy.
As studio- and makerspace manager you will manage and further develop the studio and makerspace facilities of the Media Technology and Interaction Design Division at KTH, which include a makerspace, a media production studio, a soft tech studio as well as equipment for motion capture, VR and haptics. You will work in collaboration with the division management team and a team of PhD students who provide specialised support to individual studios. As studio- and makerspace manager, you will facilitate procurement, installation and maintenance of equipment, further develop booking and lending systems, support health and safety procedures, and organise tours for staff and students. Additionally, you will help support research projects and teach in courses that use the MID Studios and makerspace.
What we offer
- A position at a leading technical university that generates knowledge and skills for a sustainable future.
- Engaged and ambitious colleagues along with a creative, international and dynamic working environment.
- An engaging work in a department that is interdisciplinary oriented and inclusive, with research and education in media technology and interaction design. The research at the department spans topics such as sound technology, soma design and sustainability.
- Help to relocate and get settled in Sweden and at KTH.
- A graduate degree or an advanced level (higher education) in the research subject or equivalent competence.
- You must have experience in makerspaces, including rapid prototyping and digital fabrication techniques, as well as a good knowledge of audiovisual production hardware and software.
- We are looking for a strongly motivated person, who is able to work in cooperation with others as well as independently, and who has a strong understanding of diversity and gender issues in technology-related fields and academia.
- Very good command of English orally and in writing is required to communicate with staff and students.
- A degree in media technology, interaction design, computer science or a similar area.
- Experience in managing projects that include a number of different stakeholders and the management of equipment and facilities.
- It is also meriting to know Swedish or show a willingness to learn it.
Great emphasis will be placed on personal competency.
Trade union representatives
You will find contact information to trade union representatives on KTH's webpage.
The application must include:
- CV including relevant professional experience and knowledge.
- Copy of diplomas and grades from your previous university studies. Translations into English or Swedish if the original documents have not been issued in any of these languages.
Log into KTH's recruitment system in order to apply for this position. You are the main one responsible to ensure that your application is complete according to the ad.
Your complete application must be received by KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
About the employment
The employment is valid until further notice (permanent post) according to the agreement.
The employment begins with a six-month probationary period.
Striving towards gender equality, diversity and equal conditions is both a question of quality for KTH and a given part of our values
For information about the processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here.
We firmly decline all contact with staffing, recruitment agencies, and job ad salespersons.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.
Anställningsform: tillsvidareanställning | Anställningens omfattning: heltid | Antal lediga befattningar: 1 | Sysselsättningsgrad: 100% | Ort: Stockholm | Län: Stockholms län | Land: Sweden | Referensnummer: J-2022-1287 | Kontakt: Sandra Pauletto, Associate Professor/dep. head email@example.com, Henrik Artman, Professor/head of div. firstname.lastname@example.org, Sarah Kullgren, HR email@example.com, | Publicerat: 2022-06-17 | Sista ansökningsdag: 2022-08-15
- Full time
- Full time
- Full time